It was a good stitching week. I worked diligently on my son's scarf. That's the black one using the pattern 'Iwona's Groovy Scarf'. The mesh part is now 67 inches long and I guess that should be enough. Now I am stitching the I-cords that will be woven in. Its 8 stitches on 8mm needles so it goes very quickly. The challenge is to have this scarf completed in about 3 weeks for son's birthday.
As promised last week, I have started piecing my 'Dear Jane' blocks.
The first photo shows block A-6 Uncle Homer
I selected a light muslin and it washed up nicely so I have used it.
Fairly easy block, but I have to remember to pay close attention to the cutting sizes as these blocks finish at 4 1/2 inches, an unusual size for me.
View Tropical Screamer's Version.
I needed to come up with an approach to choosing blocks otherwise I would never have started. I paged through the book and listed blocks that are based on either a 4 patch or 9 patch and will work on those for the first while.
The second picture shows block B-13 Four Corner Press. My daughter had chosen the spider web fabric for a pillow case last year, and I felt it was perfect for the centre of this block. View Tropical Screamer's Version.
The third block I-1 Ralph & Nelda's Wedding combines both the 4 and 9 patches. Smaller pieces but not a problem.
View Tropical Screamer's Version, also in orange.
The fourth blocks M-10 Simple Simon was the easiest of the week and was actually the first one that I made. View Tropical Screamer's Version.
The four blocks posed together look rather nice. This is going to be a very orange quilt. I will try and remember to put in enough of the rusts and almost browns to keep it toned down a notch.
I have already selected the fabrics for the next 2 blocks. So come back next week and see which they are.