I wasn't all that long ago that I began this project. This first picture was taken when I had knit a handful of rows. Nothing exciting at this point and not all that many stitches.
The rows went quickly and the size grew. It was still fairly small in this second photo, maybe 18 inches across.
I am thrilled that it is now finished. I decided to add some tasels made from the fancy yarns, and to embroider some of the eyelash yarn at that first colour change. The shift from the bright pink to the mauve was just to jarring on the eye.
The third picture shows it spread out on a queen size bed. The edges curl up a bit, but I will try and see if I can steam them into proper behavior. Next picture is a close up and the lighting shows some of the wonderful yarn textures.
You didn't really think that I would stop here did you. I had to start a new project for those moments when my fingers want to do something other than type blog posts. No hints about what I am making, just a small photo.
I did get to my sewing machine this week and am working again on the "Wild Blue Yonder" blocks. Four rows are now sewn together; one more to go then I can add the borders. Yippee.
My mom was here on the weekend, rather, I drove to London to pick up my son and also got my mother as a wonderful bonus. We attended the Quilting show that was held at Bingeman Park on saturday. I bought some terrific (or some might say, terrifying) orange fabric to make myself a big tote bag. Don't have a pattern, but I have an image in my mind of what I want to do. I set myself a target of finishing it before the end of May.