For the past few months I have been receiving "stash builder" shipments from Sew Sisters, a quilt shop I favour. Last month I received a fq of this brown, green and purple fabric with bees. I rather like it, but the colour is wrong for me. Alas, what shall I do.
When at the local needlework show with my mother a week ago, that specific shop was a vendor and lo and behold they had the fabric in orange. I was estatic. I now have two metres of orange and one metre of a brown that works well with it.
By the end of May I vow to have made myself a tote bag using the two fabrics. I have an idea of what I want to make, but no pattern.
In the mean time I am stitching away on the afghan I gave you a peek at last Tuesday. Then I had the stitches cast on and a few rows worked. I now have a few repeats of the pattern. The next picture shows my selection of yarns. They are all worsted weight. I started with the varigated that is shown at the top and worked from there.
I didn't go searching high and low for matching colours, I wanted it to be more eclectic and look as though I really did use leftover balls and bits and pieces. Three of the skeins are from long ago projects.
This final picture shows you my progress. Or rather it would show the rows I've finished other than they have all rolled in on themselves. Guess you'll be left in suspense till next week when I'll have added more rows and perhaps it will lie flat and behave for the picture.