During the summer I showed a series of pictures while I was working on this afghan. Now it's finished and I am so happy. I had to stop for a while as the pattern didn't call for sufficient variegated yarn to finish the project and I couldn't find any more. My sister came to the rescue and found some for me.
There are a few corrections to the pattern which I'll be sending to Red Heart. Here's the link for the pattern.
This pattern needs 2 balls of white and 6 (not 5) balls of Variegated. The variegated balls are shorter than the plains. I did weigh my finished afghan with all the ends, and left over balls and there is no way that I only used 5 balls.
In the section 'Joining Rnd 7' in line 2, the reference to the 'ch-3 space' should read 'ch-2 space'.
Under Filler Motif, Joining Round 3. In the 4th line, starting "in next space" should read "In next ch 1 space".
The border instructions didn't work at all. I gave up when it told me to work in the chain 5 space. Well, there are no chain 5 spaces anywhere in the whole project. I did 5 single crochets in each chain 3 space and 3 in each chain 1 space. The instructions didn't consider how to deal with the joining between two blocks, so I treated them much like a chain 3 space.
As you can see from my picture, my version of the border worked out. As I have told you before, I am not a great crocheter, more a functional one, so there may have been mis-interpretations on my part. I still need to work in about 300 ends and then I can give it to my niece.